Thank you for your responses to the electronic survey in August on the future direction of the Tri-Synodical Theological Conference (TSTC). The TSTC planning team met recently to discuss the results of the survey and your feedback.
Several themes emerged from the survey responses. It is clear that you value this event as an important time of collegiality and networking. Survey results also lifted up the desire for high quality speakers and programming. Over half (62%) of those who responded wanted to keep the total cost of the event between $200-300.
The TSTC planning team shared the findings with all three Bishops and made the following recommendations, which the Bishops support. They include:
- Continue to hold the Tri-Synodical Theological Conference annually
- Continue to rotate the event between synods (TLGCS hosting in 2019 on January 28-30)
- Reduce the cost of the event by hosting the worship and plenary sessions in a congregation
- Provide housing options for participants at various hotels with participants making their own housing arrangements to better manage costs
- Contract with a TSTC Program Coordinator to provide continuity for programming, themes, speakers, with each synod initially providing $2,500 for the TSTC Program Coordinator stipend. This cost will eventually be paid for through the event itself.
We look forward to resuming the Tri-Synodical Theological Conference January 28-30, 2019. Save the date!